Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I missed Puppy Class

I was sick as a dog (pun intended) on Saturday, 5/27, so no puppy class. I also had to miss a vet appointment to get Franklin's Bordatella vaccine updated.

On Sunday, we went to the dog park, just Franklin & I. Fiance Leo usually accompanies us, but he was late (what else is new?). It's starting to get hot here, so franklin only lasted about 20 minutes at the park. On Monday, he only lasted 15 minutes.

It is important for dogs with smashed faces, like pugs (I forget the technical name for a smashed in face, and I can't be bothered to Google it, sorry!) to be watched carefully in hot weather. Franklin was panting heavily when we left the dog park, but he was fine - just exhausted fo rthe rest of the day!

This Saturday, June 4, there will be several classes - the last class of the current session and the first class of the next. Not sure when Off Leash readiness starts, hopefully soon.

No comments: