Saturday, May 13, 2006

Puppy Class 5/13/06

Today the weather was unexpectedly great... mostly sunny, temp somewhere in the high 60's. Franklin accompanied me to class to do his demo with the Holt halter. He did great. Lloyd took his leash, while I moved about 30 feet away. I had some treats in my hand, squatted down and called Franklin. The halter kicked in when I called and he tried to run to me. Lloyd stood still, and Franklin stopped pulling instantly and sat down.

He also got to see his girlfriends Marina and Zoe. Marina is a rambunctious yellow Lab, and Zoe is the only Bavarian Bloodhound (an example is pictured here) in the U.S. She came form Poland originally. I must say, Franklin has great taste in women!

Franklin also had fun with Raven the Rottie and Thor the young Dobie.

My favorite little pup, Kuma the fluffy black thing, was not at class today. No fluffy cuddles for me. Hopefully next week I'll get my Kuma fix.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Lloyd's friend from Mass. You didn't know Franklin is loved by Tetley. She played non-stop with him. Being a Golden, you might be surprised to know she loves smaller dogs. Franklin took cookies from me readily. I didn't know he was shy. I guess he thought that if I was okay with Tetley I was okay for him! Keep on enjoying your dog and the training.