Thursday, June 08, 2006

It's Been a Year!

It's been about 1 year since I started this whole doggie journey. I left a really crappy job in February 2005, and spent a couple of months being depressed and tired. When my severance from the job ran out, I got up off my butt and emailed every dog trainer I could find in the DC area, and I got a part time job at the doggie daycare.

I worked with one trainer for a few months, but she was mainly doing dog sitting and very little training. I hooked up with Lloyd, and away I went! After I attended Lloyd's first puppy class, I was hooked, and I love it more and more every week.

The daycare job was really difficult, I must say. Some of the dogs honestly should not have been allowed there. See one of my early posts about that. Working there was a great experience, and the 20 hours a week I worked allowed me to get my own dog. I always felt like owning a dog was a distant dream, given my past full-time work schedule and my lack of yard. I did research and found that having a Pug in a condo was feasible. I found a reputable AKC registered breeder and connected with my little baby dog Franklin.

Franklin is a joy - he learns very quickly and loves being around other dogs. He is a bit shy of people, but we're working on that.

Now I'm back working full time in an office, attending to my apprentice duties during off hours and on weekends. Franklin plays at Lloyd's house every day & is completely zonked out at night (see pic of Franklin & Lloyd's dog, Crash).


Life is good.

No comments: