Monday, July 31, 2006

Absenteeism & Perceptions

For the last 3 puppy classes, only 2 of the six dogs and owners have showed up. It's great for the 2, because they get semi-private lessons, but I wonder what gives with the other families? If I paid money for a class, you bet your butt I would show up or call the teacher to explain my absence! Anyway, I hope to see some of them back to make up their lessons in the next session, because there were some cool pooches there.

The two that have showed up are adorable and hilarious to watch playing together. They're both black labs, but one of them has a really shaggy coat and a very square face, which makes me think he may be a Chessie mix (see pic of Chessie - Chesapeake Bay Retriever).

It was really hot the Saturday before last. I was schvitzing up a storm while I was setting up the chute (for practicing off-leash come-when-called).

Lloyd said that he got the impression I not much of an outdoorsperson, that I couldn't be without a hot shower and air conditioning.

I quickly disabused him of that notion. Here are two of the places I have seen in person (sans voiture).









Death Canyon, WY (Tetons)














Lion Head, New Hampshire (Mt. Washington)

2 comments:

Dearest Cupcake said...

It's kind of funny that I'm the hot shower/air conditioner girl and I make my living digging stinking holes in the ground, while you the outdoorsy girl works in an office!

Unknown said...

soooo.....your parents sound pretty scary, no??? Loved the backpacking pix!